Before You Go
Taking a baby on a trip? Make life simpler and rule out unnecessary excess baggage with a bit of pre-planning.
- Pre-order a special meal – vegetarian, kosher, it doesn’t matter what – for the flight as you’ll get served first and can change baby at a leisurely pace in the bathroom while the other passengers are still eating.
- Think about hiring bulky equipment like a travel cot or pram at your destination. Many resorts are serviced by hire companies that will deliver and pick up from your hotel.
- Invest in a small bag of toys baby has never seen before. Choose inexpensive items that will keep her entertained throughout the trip and that you don’t necessarily need to bring home with you.
- Some countries do not require the use of car seats by law. If you don’t want to travel with one, double check that your care hire operator can provide one. Take a muslin wrap to line it in case it’s a bit tatty. http://babyonholiday.com.au/shop/products/muslin-wrap/
- Check out the babyonholiday shop for all your travel essentials. http://babyonholiday.com.au/shop/products/throwover-mosquito-net/