In the Car
Car journeys can be a mixture of pleasure (baby sleeps) and pain (baby cries). Minimise the latter with these tips.
- Most babies find the sun on their faces annoying, not to mention hot. Buy a sunshade for the window and, if it’s a long journey, consider timing it to coincide with a favourable position of the sun.
- Make baby’s field of vision more interesting with a mirror (buy a baby friendly non breakable one!) or a mobile.
- If there are two or more travelling, take turns to sit in the back seat while baby is awake to provide some reassurance and entertainment.
- Look at a map and plan your route so you can stop every couple of hours. If your baby is crawling or toddling, take a rug and stop at places where there is an outdoor area so he can stretch his legs.
- Take a few new toys for the surprise factor, as well as the old favourites for comfort.